Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lovecraftiana: McSweeney's "Cthulhu Calls"

Thanks to D. X. Williams' sharp eye on this one. It comes from the creative mind of Russell Bradbury-Carlin.

Teaser excerpt:

(Phone rings.)
CTHULHU: Hello?
SOLICITOR: Hello, Mr. Cthulhu?
CTHULHU: Yes?
SOLICITOR: Do you have good car insurance?
CTHULHU: I am an Elder God of the Damned. I don't need that simplistic mode of transportation.
SOLICITOR: Well, I understand that you, as an elderly person, must pay a high premium.
CTHULHU: Cthulhu does not pay for anything.
SOLICITOR: I am sure that living on a fixed income can make affording good car insurance a difficulty. What if I told you that I could save you a minimum of 25 percent on your yearly premium?
CTHULHU: I hate human scum like you. You know, I could transport myself through this phone line and reveal myself in all of my horrible grandeur—causing you to live in a world of constant nightmares. You would pray for a swift death at my hands.

More ... here.

To see D. X. Williams' newest story ... click.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Facebook:

Google Analytics